Saturday 13 August 2016

art brut

I love your body’s sense of being ashlar and marshmallow,
your musclefat, your ripple and your meat;
your tender brawn, the size-up of your squint:
your attitude, your fluency in aggro.

I love the fact your hands can cover mine,
the way you twist my arm behind my back,
the torque with which your muscles wrench my neck;
the way that you, divinely, take your time

before releasing: how your sweat can shine.

I love the way your eyes flash when we fight,
the enormities you whisper in my ear:
dyke, bitch, she-male, faggot, tranny, queer;
the way you bring my vulnerabilities to light,

the capacity your thighs and concrete share,
of standing mute and dramatizing fear.
I love your violent vertu, your brute art:

the way you have me beaten from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment